Well, I have the concept down. I have been searching for the perfect base. All of you video people know that you really can't get better than a Bogen/Manfrotto tripod - but at $200, it is just a bit out of my reach. So, in walks Northern Tools and equipment. Did you know that they sell a tripod made by CST/berger that has the same basic design as a Manfrotto, but only costs $69.99. For stability, it will hold my full weight with absolutely no problem. Modifications will be minor to make it exactly what the doctor ordered for the new jib arm's platform. I will keep you posted on progress and will give some pictures soon.
Also, I may try my hand at a "Fig Rig" - not for $650, but more in the range of $35. I will detail it as I get to it. Talk to you later!
Mike
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment